Please help protect this great planet which we all share.
The Ocean Mammal Institute is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. We depend on public support to accomplish our objectives. By becoming a member, we will use your tax-deductible contribution to do the following:
1. Conduct research to protect whales and dolphins.
Ocean Mammal Institute’s data ensured legislative protection for humpback whales from parasail boats and jet skis during the breeding season in Maui.
2. Conduct Internships that allow more people to have life-changing encounters with cetaceans.
- Studying the biology and behavior of whales.
- Learning and applying the principles of field research design.
- Gaining a personal understanding of the politics of protecting endangered species.
- Learning about current research on whales and dolphins around the world and related conservation issues.
- Introduced to the field of Ecopsychology which studies the relationship between humans and the natural world.
3. Stop underwater noise pollution and keep our oceans safe for all marine life.
Read about OMI International Actions.
I want to personally thank you for your support.
Marsha L. Green, Ph.D.,
Ocean Mammal Institute