As a research intern with OMI you will:
- Study the biology and behavior of whales and dolphins while you observe and record their spectacular behaviors.
- Learn and apply the principles of field research design on the impact of boats on the behavior of the humpback whale.
- Gain a personal understanding of the politics of protecting endangered species.
- Learn about current research on whales and dolphins around the world and related conservation issues.
- Be introduced to the field of Ecopsychology which studies the relationship between humans and the natural world.
- Learn how we can create meaningful change and raise consciousness about environmental issues.
“I recommend this program to anyone who loves nature, culture, and being around people that can really teach you things about the world and yourself. The OMI Research Internship opened my eyes to the state of the natural world and gave me a new perspective on a lot of current issues. And the whales are absolutely amazing! I’ll never forget my experience in Maui.”
“The program went above and beyond my expectations. I did not think I would learn so much in such a short amount of time. I had the best time during this internship and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! It was a great way to learn about research techniques and plotting. This was just the beginning of my career in marine mammalogy and I cannot think of a better starting point.”
See more testimonials here.